This guide will show you the 5 components of a thank-you note and provide 15 examples. The examples will give you ideas of what to say in the note. The examples can be used as is or changed to meet your needs.
5 Reasons to write thank-you notes
- Show your gratitude. When you feel thankful for someone or a gift, let them know with a note!
- Acknowledge the time and effort that went into a gift. Some people may spend hours picking out your baby shower, wedding, or other gift. Let them know that you appreciate the gift.
- Build Relationships. Want to stand out at the office? Start writing handwritten thank-you notes.
- To share how you are using the gift. People like to see their gifts in use. If someone gave you some money you can thank them and let them know how you are spending it.
- For fun! Choose the perfect card for the recipient or send someone a thank-you note card to make their day.